Our clinic has the latest therapeutic rehabilitation technology in the form of the Chatanooga Intelect Neo Therapy system, which is the new standard in physical medicine modalities. The Intelect Neo offers the full range of electro-therapy modalities including: offering laser (LLLT), ultrasound, TENS and EMS & biofeedback.
What is laser therapy?
Low-level laser therapy (LLLT) is a form of laser medicine used in physical therapy that uses low-level (low-power) lasers or light emitting diodes to alter cellular function. Other names for the therapy include low-power laser, soft laser, cold laser, bio-stimulation laser, therapeutic laser, and laser acupuncture. Whereas high-power lasers damage tissue, low-power lasers are used to stimulate it and to encourage the cells to function.
What are the Physiological effects of lasers?
Laser Therapy has the following medical effects:
- Decreased pain levels (by stimulating production of Beta endorphin's)
- Reduced inflammation (via increased mitochondrial, monocyte, and scavenger cell activity)
- Increased tissue proliferation & regeneration
- Accelerated soft tissue and bone repair
- Increased tissue tensile strength
- Enhanced nerve regeneration & function
- Increased cell metabolism
- Increased enzymatic responses
- Increased cell membrane potentials
- Increased micro-circulation & vasodilation
- Increased lymphatic flow
- Increased collagen production
- Enhanced angiogenesis (creation of new blood vessels)
What conditions can be treated using laser therapy
- Back and neck pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Myofascial trigger points
- Tennis/Golfer's elbow
- Plantar fasciitis
- Knee pain
- Shoulder pain
- Sports injuries